It is not even December and my kids are already sweating me for a Christmas tree. It seems the stress of the holidays starts earlier and earlier each year. Since that is the case, it pays to figure out ways to keep the stress in check in attempts to enjoy the holiday season.
Here are a few ways that might help you manage your stress during the "most wonderful time of the year."
- Make a list and prioritize the important tasks. This will help you not to worry that you're forgetting something. Plus, when you complete a task you get to scratch it off the list and don't underestimate the satisfaction of that.
- Be realistic, there is only so much you can do. So look at that list you just made and check it twice. Go ahead and cross off the crazy extraneous tasks, like turning your car into a movable nativity scene.
- Try something new. Be adventurous and try celebrating the holidays in a new way. You might just surprise yourself and start a new tradition.
I have a few more tips that might help you so read more
- If the holidays leave you feeling lonely or the holidays themselves feel emotionally empty to you, try volunteering and helping others in need.
- Make time for exercise, every little bit will help reduce your stress. Even if you can't find the time for your usual fitness routine, don't give up on workouts altogether.
- Breathe! I am always amazed at how calming a few deep breaths can be.
I sure do hope these help. What do you do to keep holiday stress at bay? Tell me in the comments section below.