Weddings - sometimes they seem to be made of equal parts love and stress. No matter if you planned an enormous wedding or an intimate event, there are so many details to keep in line along side processing the notion of lifetime commitment. Since it is Wedding Weekend here at the Sugar sites, I thought I should share some tips on how to de-stress on your big day. These tips are great for any event big or small, from weddings to dinner parties.
- Make a list a week before of all the details that need to be dealt with on the day of the event. Organize what should happen when, and figure out what tasks should be delegated to friends and family.
- That organization list should be a physical list not a mental one. All those details floating around in your head are sure to make you dizzy with stress.
- Take some time for yourself that day. If you're about to get married, everyone is going to want a piece of your time to chit chat. Make sure to give yourself some me moments where you can do what you want to do. It could be taking a sauna, going for a swim, or watching old episodes of "Grey's Anatomy". Do whatever is going to help you relax.
- Meditate. Meditation is a great way to clear your head and relax. Try a simple technique like sit in a quiet dark place, close your eyes and focus only on your breathing for 10-15 minutes. Being quiet and clearing your mind before the event really helps you to be present when all the action starts.
- Eat something healthy and filling (if you can stomach it) to ensure you will stay energized. The day is going to be long and you are going to be very busy, so make sure you feed yourself so you don't run out of fuel.
Now if you are looking for more helpful hints on this subject, be sure to check out Dear Sugar's post on dealing with stress on your wedding day. Remember to have fun and breathe.