You've all probably heard from someone by now that "You shouldn't microwave plastic containers," but are those rumors really true? Are harmful toxins really being released into your nuked food?
Here's the deal. The American Cancer Society basically says that when you heat something up in the microwave, some of the chemicals can seep into your food, but not enough that would be considered harmful. If that possible seepage weirds you out too much, use heat-resistant glass or ceramics for microwave cooking, like pyrex, just to be safe. Pyrex is great because it's not only microwave safe but it's also durable and cleans easily without staining your containers nasty shades of orange and brown. Get it here.