Taking a relaxing bath is a wonderful way to reward yourself after a long run or a tough day at work, so while you're soaking in and letting go, why not reap the benefits of epsom salts? The salts are very inexpensive and can be found at the grocery store or the drug store — taking care of yourself doesn't have to be costly! Check out these five things about the salts and tell me, have you ever experimented with them in your bath water?
- Muscle relaxer: Epsom salts are known to relax tight muscles and reduce inflammation. Just add about two cups of the salts to bath water.
- Soak away the toxins: Soaking in the salts can flush toxins from the body.
- Sleep more soundly: Epsom salts are made of magnesium sulfate, and soaking in them can reduce stress and help you sleep more soundly by restoring magnesium levels.
For two additional ways you can benefit from epsom salts,
- Beyond sore muscles: The salts can help sooth ailments as harmless as bruises or as painful as a sprained ankle.
- Endless exfoliating possibilities: No time for a long soak? The salts can also be used as an exfoliator to soften your skin; just get your body wet, rub the salts all over, and then rinse. If you want to focus on your feet, epsom salts can neutralize odor and are perfect for a relaxing foot soak at home.