Last month we went over the signs and symptoms of realizing when a stomach ache may require a visit to the doctor. And just recently we reviewed when to seek medical attention for earaches. Since cold and flu season is upon us, I figured it would be good to also highlight the signs and symptoms of when a sore throat may require a visit to the doctor.
- Sore throat that comes on rapidly
- Difficulty swallowing
- Fever, sometimes greater than 102° F
- A raw, red appearance to the back of the throat
- White pus on tonsils
- Tender, high lymph nodes in neck
- Absence of a cough, stuffy nose, or other upper-respiratory symptoms