Orzo is a delicious and fast way to add some whole grains to your diet. This whole wheat pasta cooks in less than 10 minutes and pairs beautifully with fresh Summer veggies. Artichoke hearts and peas celebrate Summer while adding maximum flavor and minimal calories to this dish. Best of all? This vegetarian/vegan dinner takes only 15 minutes to prepare! Make this as a healthy side at your next cookout.
Find out what goes into this delicious dish after the break!
See full recipe and photos at Generation Y Foodie.
- 1/2 lb dry whole wheat orzo pasta
- 1 cup fresh English peas, washed
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, washed and chopped (fresh, canned, or frozen)
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup low sodium veggie broth
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Have a healthy dish you want to share? Post your pictures and recipes in our Healthy Recipe group!