1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup mashed baked sweet potato
1 1/4 cups skim milk or soy milk
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 banana, diced
1 6-ounce container of plain nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons skim milk
1 tablespoon peanut butter (or almond butter)
2 teaspoons honey
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar. Then add the sweet potato, egg, and milk, and mix until smooth. Add the cinnamon. Stir in the diced banana.
- Place a skillet over medium heat, and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- While the pan is heating up, make the yogurt sauce. Mix together the yogurt, milk, peanut butter, and honey in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Drop large spoonfuls of batter onto the pan, making pancakes that are about three-and-a-half inches in diameter. Cook until bubbly, about two minutes. Flip and continue cooking until golden brown. Makes about 12 pancakes.
- Place three pancakes on a plate, and pour one quarter of the yogurt sauce on top. Add some slices of banana or other fresh fruit, sprinkle on some chopped nuts, and enjoy!
- Breakfast/Brunch, Pancakes/Waffles
- 12 pancakes; 4 servings
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Calories per serving