Want a six pack but hate doing sit ups? Then try this at-home variation of the reverse abdominal curl:
- Lie on the floor (it's best to do it on carpet or a mat) on your back with your arms at your side.
- Bend your knees so that your upper legs (from knees to hips) are perpendicular to the floor.
- Place a pillow between your hamstrings and calves and hold it in place by squeezing your hamstrings to your calves.
- Bring your knees toward your chest and as you are doing that curl your abs in.
- Bring your legs back to the starting position to complete one rep.
- Do 2 sets of 25.
For another variation of the reverse ab curl, read more
Do the same as above except hold on to a chair.
Fit's Tip: For more of a challenge, use a weight medicine ball instead of a pillow. Never bring the motion so far down that your feet hit the floor. Breathe out as your are pulling your knees toward your chest and in when you are lowering them to the starting position. For both variations be sure you don't use your arms--this is an AB workout.