I try to make time at least once a week to do a longer workout to build endurance, but also to burn major calories. Curious to know what exercises and activities burn 500 calories? Check out the ideas below.
- Go for a moderate bike ride: 64 minutes burns 504 calories.
- Tennis anyone? Burn 503 calories in 73 minutes.
- Take a canoe ride along a lake or river: two hours and 25 minutes burns 500 calories.
- Play a round of golf: after about an hour and a half, you'll burn 504 calories. Just be sure to carry your clubs.
- If it's raining, head inside for a Zumba class: an hour and 13 minutes burns 503 calories.
- Go climbing: rock climbing for an hour and four minutes burns 504 calories.
- Head out for a hike: you'll end up burning 502 calories in an hour and 25 minutes.
- Grab a jump rope: you'll have burned a whopping 502 calories after skipping around for just 51 minutes.
Keep reading to hear more ideas for 500-calorie workouts.
- Cut the grass: if you have a big yard, pushing a lawn mower for about an hour and a half burns 504 calories.
- Take a long, brisk walk: at a 15-minute per mile pace, you can burn 500 calories in two hours and seven minutes.
- Combine hiking with cycling and go mountain biking: in just one hour you'll burn 502 calories.
- Swim some laps: just over an hour of swimming at a moderate speed burns 504 calories.
- Hit the ground running: burn 502 calories on a 51-minute run at a 10-minute per mile pace.
- Hop on your surfboard: after an hour and 50 minutes, you'll have burned 502 calories.
Calorie burn based on a 130-pound woman that's 5'5". Calculate a more accurate burn stat for your weight and height with our Calorie Burn tool.