Here's Fit's Yoga Challenge for the week. It is known as the Bow. You can prep yourself by doing the Camel pose since it opens up your back, chest and shoulders.
Here's how to get into Bow Pose:
- Lie flat on your belly, pressing your belly button into the ground.
- Bend your knees and grab onto the outside edge of your right ankle, and then your left.
- Once you have a firm hold of each ankle, lift your feet as high up as you can, trying to keep your toes touching. Shift your weight so you're resting on your naval instead of on your pubic bone.
- Hold for 5 breaths and slowly lower and lie flat. Turn your head to one side and shake your hips from side to side to release your lower back.
- Repeat again or relax in child's pose.
That's it. Now it's your turn to try it. Just join my YOGA CHALLENGE Group and post photos of yourself in the Bow pose. My favorite will be featured right here on FitSugar! To learn how to post a blog in a group, click here.