If you've all been practicing Triangle Pose, you'll have no problem floating right into Half Moon Pose. It is the next pose in my weekly yoga challenge. Just get a friend to take your picture doing the Half Moon, then visit the YOGA CHALLENGE Group. Click on "Post Content to the Group" on the left-hand side. Scroll down and click on "Blog." To add your picture, just click "Add image." Then click "Submit."
Here's how to get into the pose.
- Start with your feet about 3 feet apart, pointing your right toes out.
- Place your left hand on your left hip and reach your right arm straight out so it's parallel to the ground, stretching out and long through the right side of your body.
- Shift your weight into your right foot, and lift your left foot up. Plant your right palm flat on the ground under your shoulder - bend your right knee if you need to.
- Try to distribute your weight evenly between your right hand and foot. Look down at the ground and bring your left arm straight up.
- When you're ready, look up towards your left hand.
- Hold for 5 breaths and then try it on the left side.
This pose will definitely challenge your sense of balance. Hopefully balancing yourself physically will help you balance your mind.
Remember, my favorite will be featured right here on FitSugar! I look forward to seeing your Half Moon.