I’m excited to announce the latest FitSugar Group called - YOGA CHALLENGE. To join the group, click here.
Here’s what it's all about.
I’ll post a photo of the challenge POSE on FitSugar. In fact here’s the first one - Scorpion With a Broken Tail .
Practice the pose. Then have someone take a photo of you in the POSE.
Post your photo in a blog in the YOGA CHALLENGE Group.
I’ll pick my favorite photos and feature it in an upcoming post, turning the winner into a famous Swami. Well, not exactly…but you will surely impress your friends.
Ahhh...but there is more. This suite has multiple options, because you can send ME challenges too. Just send a description or a photo of an inspiring POSE and I will post photos of me giving it a try.
This will be a great way for us to learn from each other.
Are you ready? Want to learn how to do this POSE? Then
Here's how you get into it the Scorpion With a Broken Tail.
- Start off in what's called a Quarter Dog. It's basically a Down Dog, but with your elbows on the ground.
- Lift your right leg up toward the ceiling, keeping your left foot on the ground.
- Now kick your right leg up over your head, and your left leg will follow, but keep it low, so your legs are in a split.
- Now bend your right knee and slowly bring your foot towards your head.
- Bend your left knee and place that foot on your right knee.
Don't forget to breathe. Oh - and have fun.
Remember that this is a pose that challenges your balance. The worst that happens is you fall over, right? Get over it. Everyone falls in Yoga. It's like a rule. It means you're trying stuff, making mistakes, and learning from them, which is why they call Yoga a practice.
Can't wait to see your photos in the YOGA CHALLENGE Group.