What it does: Increases spinal flexibility and stretches abs, upper back, and neck.
- Lie flat on your back with your arms along the sides of your body, palms facing down.
- Bend your knees, and place your feet flat on the floor. Walk your heels as close as you can to your tush, and turn your heels out slightly so the outside edges of your feet are parallel with the outside edges of your mat.
- With your palms and feet pressing firmly into the ground, lift your hips up. Try to keep your thighs parallel.
- Place your hands at your lower back for support. Rock your weight from side to side to bring the shoulder blades closer together.
- Stay here for five deep breaths, actively pressing your feet into the floor to lift your hips up and increase the stretch in your torso and neck.
- Gently lower your hips back to the ground, hugging the knees into the chest.