I almost broke my 52 weeks of baking resolution this week, but a random office concoction saved me. I was internally debating on what I should do when I remembered that there was a toaster oven in the office kitchen, as well as a bunch of random ingredients. So in a last ditch effort to save my resolution, I threw everything together and created what I've dubbed "ghetto bread pudding." I call it this for three reasons: (1) it looks pretty ghetto, (2) there's no pudding in this bread pudding and (3) it seems like something you'd eat in college and everyone knows, you eat some pretty ghetto stuff in college.
However, no matter how bad it looks, this mixture of chocolate, peanut butter, bread and bananas tasted pretty great. If your office has those four ingredients and a toaster oven, then do yourself a favor and whip up an incredibly simple indulgent snack. To see what I came up with, read more
Ghetto Style Stuff Lying Around The Office Pudding Minus The Pudding
I decide to see what I can do with what's available in the office...
Peanut Butter (1 tube was 32g or 1.12 oz)
20 Hershey Kisses
2 super ripe bananas - cut into slices
1/2 large french roll - cut into cubes
- Preheat toaster oven to 350F.
- If you do not have a toaster oven pan, make a sad aluminum foil one like I did.
- In large bowl (use one larger than one shown) melt chocolate in microwave. Do it in 10 second spurts at low heat, be sure to stir often.
- Mix peanut butter and chocolate together.
- Stir in bananas and bread until all pieces are evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into pan and put into toaster oven. Dollop with a few extra kisses if desired.
- Bake until bread is crisp and bananas are gooey. 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from toaster oven and transfer concoction to plate.
Note: We thought about topping it with plain potato chips, but by the time we got around to it, Molly and I had already devoured it.