Though ginger adds a potent kick to savory dishes, sweet treats can also benefit from its tartness, like in this ginger-infused peach ice cream.
- 6 fresh ripe peaches, diced
- 1 pint heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1-2 cups half and half or whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar, depending on preference
- 1/2 tsp. or more Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder (to taste)
- Lightly whip heavy cream to aerate for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar to blend.
- Pour into a large bowl and add additional milk.
- Puree half of the diced peaches and add ginger powder to taste.
- Stir in diced peaches and puree until well blended.
- Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions, or have some fun and make ice cream in a can! (Or Ziploc bags.)
- In 1 lb. coffee can, mix all ingredients. Seal can lid well with duct tape.Put small, sealed can inside larger 3 lb. can. Pack ice and 1 cup salt around small can. Put lid on large can and duct tape closed. Roll back and forth on a large towel (optional) for 15 minutes. Open large can and dump ice and water. Wipe small can dry and open. Stir mix, scraping sides of can. Additional ingredients, e.g. cookie crumbs and chopped nuts, can be added now. Reseal small can and place back in larger can. Repack with salt and ice. Continue rolling for 10 minutes more. Open large can and dump ice and water. Wipe small can dry and open. Enjoy!