- These days Coq au vin really isn't coq au vin (rooster in wine), it's more like poulet au vin (chicken in wine). Whatever you call it, it's absolutely delicious.- Boston Globe
- Slowly-cooked Italian sauces, called sugo, bolognese or ragu, are in vogue with Bay Area chefs. - San Francisco Chronicle
- Looks like Chicagoans are turning their back on their famous deep dish pizza pies in favor for a thin-crust Neapolitan style pizza. - Chicago Tribune
- Gain a flair for picking fish and never worry about the difference between "flash frozen" and "fresh frozen" again. - Seattle Times
- I love daikon radish and am thrilled to see that it's finally getting the recognition it deserves. After all, it's rich in vitamin A, C and E and has even been called a natural hangover cure. - Houston Chronicle
- With kurobuta cuts, salumi, carnitas, crown roast and more, it really is the year of the pig. - Los Angeles Times
- Remember when I said that pinkberry was the hottest thing around? Well get ready, because with a bunch of other franchises popping up, frozen yogurt is back. - New York Times
Know of some great Wednesday food section news that I missed? Let us all know in the comments below!