- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces fully cooked Italian-style poultry sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red and yellow peppers, drained, rinsed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces if large
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- Store-bought  or homemade  balsamic reduction, for serving (optional)
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat; mist with cooking spray. Add the sausage; cook, turning 2 or 3 times, until warmed through and browned, about 8 minutes.
- Thread 1 small or 1/2 large basil leaf onto a small wooden skewer. Add a piece of roasted red pepper, sun-dried tomato, artichoke, and sausage, arranging them on the skewer so that it can stand up on the sausage end. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make about two-dozen skewers. Serve on a plate with a drizzle of balsamic reduction, if desired.
Makes 24 skewers.
Nutritional information per serving (4 skewers): calories 140; fat 5 g (sat. 2 g; mono. 1.5 g; poly. 1 g); cholesterol 30 mg; sodium 970 mg; carbohydrate 12 g; fiber 2 g; protein 12 g
- Appetizers, Finger Foods