1/3 cup cornstarch
5 large egg yolks
2 cups whole milk
1/3 cup honey
5 ounces shortbread cookies, broken
3 ounces shelled unsalted pistachios (2/3 cup)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
2 ounces (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
5 apricots (about 3/4 pound), pitted and sliced
2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Make the filling: Place a fine-mesh sieve over a medium bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, off heat, whisk together cornstarch and egg yolks. Whisk in milk and honey until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Whisking constantly, cook over medium until the first large bubble sputters. Reduce heat to low; cook, whisking, 1 minute. Remove from heat; immediately pour through sieve into bowl. Press plastic wrap on surface of pudding; refrigerate 3 hours (or up to 3 days).
- Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse cookies in a food processor until crumbs form. (You should have 1 cup.) Process with pistachios, sugar, and salt, until fine crumbs form. Add butter, and process until mixture holds together.
- Press crumb mixture evenly into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Bake until golden brown, 17 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool.
- Whisk chilled pudding until smooth; spread in cooled tart shell, and top with apricots.
- In a small saucepan, heat jam over medium-low until liquefied; gently brush apricots with jam. Refrigerate tart in pan 1 hour (or up to 3 hours); unmold just before serving.
- Fruit, Desserts
- North American