3 1/3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
3 tablespoons garlic flavored oil
2 3/4 cups couscous
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
4 ounces (about 3 cups) arugula
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the broth until boiling.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan that comes with a lid, then add the couscous and fry, stirring all the time, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the hot broth, still stirring, and keep stirring over a very gentle heat until the stock is absorbed into the couscous, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, leaving the pan where it is, with a tight-fitting lid, for another 10 minutes.
- Fork through the couscous, turning it out into a big bowl. Keep working the couscous with the fork to make it lump-free. Sprinkle in the lemon zest and juice, sliced scallions, salt, and pepper to taste, before adding the arugula leaves and tossing carefully to mix.
- Side Dishes, Grains