- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats, such as McCann's Irish Oatmeal
- Cooking spray
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1/3 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha 
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions, white and light green parts only
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil. Stir in rolled oats and cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until thickened and creamy, about 1-1/2 minutes. Cover oats; remove from heat.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat; coat evenly with cooking spray. Crack egg into pan and fry about 3 minutes, or until whites become opaque and yolk is slightly set, but still runny.
- Remove egg and set aside; add diced shiitake mushrooms and cook 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add soy sauce and Sriracha to oatmeal; stir to combine. Transfer oats to a bowl and top with diced shiitake mushrooms and fried egg. Drizzle with sesame oil and soy sauce; top with chopped scallions.
- Other, Breakfast/Brunch
- Other Asian