Avocados are a natural pairing with black beans, but the creamy healthy fruit also goes well with white beans. This recipe highlights the two ingredients by combining them into a mashed filling for a flavorful wrap. The wrap is seasoned with a simple cider and spicy chipotle chiles in adobo vinaigrette. It's the perfect on-the-go vegetarian meal. Since there's no mayonnaise, the vegetable-stuffed wrap is also great for picnics. Want the recipe? Get it now.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 4 8- to 10-inch whole-wheat wraps, or tortillas
- Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle chile and salt in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrot and cilantro; toss to combine.
- Mash beans and avocado in another medium bowl with a potato masher or fork. Stir in cheese and onion.
- To assemble the wraps, spread about 1/2 cup of the bean-avocado mixture onto a wrap (or tortilla) and top with about 2/3 cup of the cabbage-carrot slaw. Roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Cut the wraps in half to serve, if desired.
- Other, Main Dishes
- North American