While brie en croute (brie that's baked in puff pastry) is a favorite, I prefer brie baked with nuts and jam. That way you can slather the warm mixture on crackers or crostini.
Although my recipe calls for pecans and strawberry jam, feel free to substitute other nuts, preserves, or even honey. This killer app is unbelievable easy to put together and requires virtually no culinary expertise. To look at my recipe,
1/2 cup pecans
1 tablespoon heavy cream
8 ounces brie
1/2 cup strawberry jam
crackers or crostini, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Finely chop the pecans with a knife or food processor. Transfer the nuts to a shallow dish or plate.
- Combine the egg and cream in another shallow dish and whisk until blended.
- Dip the brie (with the rind on) into the egg mixture, then into the nut mixture, being sure to coat the entire chunk of cheese. Press on the nuts to adhere.
- Transfer the brie to a baking sheet covered with foil and spoon the jam over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melting and warm. Serve immediately with crackers or crostini.
- Cheesecake, Appetizers
- North American