In need of a satisfying meal, stat? OnSugar blog Abbey Eats thinks you should give beef and broccoli stir-fry a try.
I like how this dish is so simple to make. Me and my sis cooked it over the weekend and it's delicious. It's a typical Asian dish that will surely satisfy your hunger.
Get the dinner recipe when you read more.
Adapted from chinese.food.com
- 1 lb boneless round steak
- 1 lb charcoal chuck steaks, cut into thin 3-inch strips
- 1 small onions, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup water, plus
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 4 cups broccoli floret
1. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth.
2. Add beef and toss.
3. In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
4. Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
5. Return beef to pan.
6. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and remaining cornstarch and water until smooth; add to the pan.
7. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
8. Serve over rice.
Want more? Start following OnSugar blog Abbey Eats or create your own OnSugar blog. Your musings may even be featured on YumSugar.
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.