When it comes to ripe Summer produce, I prefer to do as little as possible in the kitchen: the flavor and texture of the ingredients are already exceptional, so why would you want to cook them to a mushy pulp or overseason them with spices? This black bean salad has plenty of crunch and texture with a slight sweetness from the orange juice. Serve it as a salad, top it over greens, or scoop it onto chips like a salsa. Anything goes!
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 small orange, zested and juiced
- 1 green bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, small diced
- 1 jalapeño, stem, ribs, and seeds removed, small diced
- 1 fresh corn, shucked and cut off cob
- 1-2 watermelon radishes, peeled and small diced
- 1/2 red onion, small diced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, tossing to coat well. Season with salt to taste.
- Vegetables, Salads, Condiments/Sauces, Salsa
- Serves 4-6 as a main course