Don't skip the step of brushing the unbaked bread with butter as it aids in achieving a crusty, golden-brown crust.
3 cups (15 ounces) all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
12 ounces pilsner or lager beer
3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a nine-inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and pepper.
- Pour in the beer and mix gently until combined.
- Dump the batter into the loaf pan, smooth out the top, and brush/drizzle on the melted butter.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown and crusty in appearance.
- Appetizers, Breads
- 1 loaf of bread