Since many dogs will be in attendance at Annabelle's birthday party, hostess FabSugar will be sure to place several water bowls around her backyard. These will need to be refilled frequently and I've volunteered to make sure that each bowl has water.
There will be water (both sparkling and still) for the people, too, and endless batches of icy-cold blended margaritas. This recipe uses a mixture of freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice, resulting in a drink that is wildly tart. Don't bother using the most expensive tequila, an affordable tequila works better in margaritas. To look at the recipe,
- 1/2 cup coarse salt
- 1/2 cup (about 4 limes) freshly squeezed lime juice, plus 1 lime cut in half for the glasses
- 2 tablespoons (about 1 lemon) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1 white tequila
- Pour the salt onto a small plate; set aside.
- Rub the outside rim of each glass with the cut lime. Dip each glass into the reserved salt; set aside.
- Place lime juice, lemon juice, triple sec, and 3 cups ice in a blender, and puree on low speed until completely blended.
- Add tequila and blend for 2 seconds. Pour margaritas into the reserved glasses, over ice, and serve immediately.
- Drinks, Cocktails