Have you heard? Breakfast pizzas are all the rage — and I've got the perfect recipe for you to enjoy this delicious trend in the comforts of your own home. No fancy dough is necessary; this tart is made on a flaky puff pastry crust. The dough is partially baked before being topped with cheese, bacon, and eggs.
It may not be the healthiest of breakfasts, but it's a wonderful start to a weekend morning. Feel free to adapt the recipe to suit your personal tastes. Leave out the bacon or use pancetta instead. Have white cheddar in your fridge? That will work just fine! Serve with cranberry mimosas, and you've got a wonderful brunch that's ideal for entertaining. Get the method now!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
4 ounces thickly sliced bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/4 cup heavy cream
8 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup sliced green onion (green part only)
- Thaw the puff pastry according to the package directions. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 12-inch square. Place on the baking sheet.
- Fold over and press 1/2-inch on each edge to form a rim. Using a fork, prick inside the rim every 1/2 inch to keep the center of the pastry from puffing up.
- Whisk 1 of the eggs in a small bowl until frothy. Brush the pastry with the egg. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Stir together the cream, 6 tablespoons of the cheese, the mustard, and pepper. Spread over the center of the puff pastry.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. If the center has puffed, prick with a fork to deflate.
- Crack the remaining 6 eggs into small cups and pour them, one at a time, onto the tart shell. Sprinkle the eggs with the salt.
- Scatter the bacon over the eggs and arrange the tomatoes over the egg whites. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese over the egg whites and tomatoes. Top with the green onion. Bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until the tart is golden brown, the egg whites are firm, and the egg yolks are soft. Slice into 6 pieces, giving each portion one egg, and serve immediately.
- Eggs, Breakfast/Brunch
- North American
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.