Buffalo wings are an essential for just about any Super Bowl party, but it's hard to keep them warm, and I don't want my house smelling like fried food. So I was thrilled to find a buffalo chicken and cheese dip with the exact same flavors! The best part: you can make the recipe ahead of time and just warm it up in the oven just before the game starts. Bonus: if the dip needs a little more heat at halftime, just throw it in the microwave for a minute to bring it back to its creamy state.
Be sure to alter the recipe to suit your palate by picking your favorite variety of hot sauce. Serve this scrumptious spicy dip with chips or celery sticks for an even more authentic buffalo wing feel. Get ready for kickoff and keep reading for the recipe.
2 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
3/4 cup (6 ounces) cayenne pepper sauce (Crystal or Frank's RedHot)
1/2 cup ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped (3 to 4 chicken breast halves or about 3 cups chopped)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or mozzarella
Tortilla chips, crackers, or vegetables, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cream cheese, pepper sauce, and ranch dressing in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted.
- Stir in chicken and about half of the cheddar cheese. Stir until combined.
- Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, crackers, or vegetables.
- Dips, Appetizers
- North American
- Makes about 6 cups