Get her recipe and stunning step-by-step photos after the jump.
From Ina Garten via House Beautiful:
3 to 4 pounds butternut squash, peeled and seeded
2 yellow onions
2 McIntosh apples, peeled and cored
3 tablespoons good olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
2 to 3 cups homemade chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon good curry powder
• Scallions, trimmed and sliced diagonally
• Shredded coconut, lightly toasted
• Salted cashews, toasted and chopped
• Banana, diced
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Cut the butternut squash, onions, and apples into 1-inch cubes. Place them on a sheet pan and toss with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Roast for 35 to 45 minutes, until very tender.
3. Meanwhile, heat the chicken stock until it's simmering. When the vegetables are done, place them in batches in a food mill fitted with the medium blade. Process and pour back into the pot. (Alternately, you can also place the roasted vegetables in a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add some of the chicken stock and purée.) When all of the vegetables are processed, place them all in another pot and add enough chicken stock to make a thick soup. Add the curry powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Be sure you use enough salt and pepper to bring out the curry flavor. Serve hot with condiments on top of each serving.
Have you come across any — or come up with your own! — divine recipes lately? If so, be sure to post them to Kitchen Goddess. It's easy to upload your photos and a description of the experience, and it could be featured on YumSugar! If you're new to the YumSugar Community, here's a detailed guide on posting to groups.