We know from experience; bacon strips covered in brown sugar and baked until caramelized are a good thing. Life Above the Clouds shares this candied bacon recipe that you'll want to make over and over again.Candied bacon: I saw this recipe a while ago and I've been dying to try it. Simple enough, this is basically just bacon covered with brown sugar and thrown in the oven. I didn't even follow the recipe. It tastes like sin in the best possible way. Sweet and savory and oozing with bacon-y goodness (aka grease). I'm definitely going for a run tomorrow . . . but it was so worth it.
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chile powder (I just used black pepper)
- 20 slices of thick-cut bacon (1 1/2 pounds)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the brown sugar with the chile powder.
- Press bacon strips in to the sugar mixture.
- Arrange the bacon strips on the foil and sprinkle any sugar leftover onto the bacon.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until caramelized and almost crisp. Transfer the bacon to a rack set over a sheet of foil to cool completely; serve.
(Inspired by Food & Wine)