Maybe it's the "Christmas Song" ("chestnuts roasting on an open fire . . ."), but eating spiced nuts always gets me in the mindset of the holidays. One handful of spiced nuts, and I'm transported to a place where I'm with my family, snuggled up in blankets on the couch with a holiday movie on TV and hot chocolate brewing in the background. That picture may just be in my imagination, but I'll take that comfy feeling any day — hence loving these addictive nuts!
To get the quick and simple recipe,
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 1/3 cups pecan halves
- Melt the butter with the syrup, salt, and cayenne pepper in a pan over low heat.
- Add the pecans and stir to mix, leaving them on the heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread the pecans on a baking sheet with a silicone mat, parchment paper, or foil; allow to cool before serving.
Makes 3 1/3 cups.
- Snacks, Nuts