Celery juice is a crucial element of this cocktail; if you don't own a juicer, blend the celery in a high-powered blender, then strain it through cheesecloth, bundling the solids together to extract as much juice as possible. Alternatively, if you live near a juice bar, ask to buy a few ounces of celery juice there.
- 1-1/2 ounces dry gin, such as Junipero  or Hendrick's 
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh celery juice (from about 1 celery stalk)
- 7 or 8 fresh mint leaves, plus more mint for garnish
- Chill a champagne coupe or other stemmed glassware by placing in the freezer or by filling the glass with ice while the cocktail is constructed.
- Add all ingredients, except the reserved mint, to a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice to the brim, and chill by gently inverting the cocktail shaker about 10 times.
- Strain into the chilled glass, and garnish with the small tender leaves of the mint plant, gently massaging the mint leaves between your fingertips to release their oils first.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- Makes 1 cocktail.