Looking to prepare a large batch of snacks for New Year's Eve? These phyllo crackers, with their smoky paprika and sharp cheddar topping, aren't just light and crispy — they're flavorful!
Not only are these the easiest crackers you'll ever make, but also, you'll have hundreds in no time, helping to keep your party budget in check. Make any holiday party more enjoyable with a big bowl of these crisp and cheesy crackers next to your favorite dip.
1 teaspoon butter, melted
4 sheets store-bought phyllo dough, at room temperature
1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly brush the bottom of a sheet pan with the melted butter.
- Place 1 sheet of the phyllo dough on the sheet pan; brush with butter, and sprinkle with shredded cheese and paprika.
- Continue layering the phyllo dough along with sprinkling the cheese and paprika on each layer. Top final layer with cheese, paprika, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice stacked phyllo sheets into 30 to 40 evenly sized squares.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until the phyllo has lightly browned and the cheese has melted.
- Remove the crackers, and let cool. Use the pizza cutter to help cut the crackers, and then place in a serving bowl.
- 30 to 40 crackers