- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 large ripe cherimoyas (about 3-1/2 lb.)
- 2-1/2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lime zest
- Sea salt
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine 1 cup water with the sugar and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let the sugar syrup cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the cherimoyas into quarters, scoop out the flesh with a spoon, and discard the seeds. In a food processor, purée the cherimoya flesh until smooth. (You will need 3 cups of purée.)
- Transfer the sorbet mixture to a medium bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until completely chilled, about 2 hours.
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. The sorbet will keep, frozen, for up to 1 month.
Add the lime juice, zest, sugar syrup, and a generous pinch of salt and pulse to combine.
Makes 1 1/2 quarts.
- Desserts, Ice cream