Just try one bite of this cherry garcia  popcorn, inspired by YouTuber Emily Wu , and you'll immediately know why this was the winner of our Goldbely  Eat The Trend giveaway  contest. We challenged you, our viewers, to come up with the next breakout food trend for us to make on camera and for a chance to win $1,000 to spend at Goldbely . Take a look at the rich creation in the video above, print the recipe below, and don't forget to subscribe to POPSUGAR Food on YouTube .
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon cherry flavoring 
4-5 drops pink food coloring
1/4 cup chocolate, melted
1/2 cup chocolate chunks
1/4 cup glacé cherries , diced
Salt, to taste
- Into a stockpot set on the stovetop over medium-high heat, add vegetable oil and 2 kernels of corn, and cover. Once the kernels pop, remove the lid and pour in the remaining kernels. Cover and shake the pot occasionally, carefully holding the lid until the popping sound stops. This should take about 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat, and transfer popcorn into a large mixing bowl to cool.
- Lay wax paper on a cookie sheet, and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Into a saucepan, set on the stovetop over medium heat, combine sugar, milk, corn syrup, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally, and then reduce heat slightly so the mixture simmers. Continue to cook for about 4-6 minutes until you've reached a soft ball stage  or 235°F on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat, and stir in flavoring and food coloring.
- Pour the candy over your popcorn, and toss to combine. Spread the coated popcorn out on wax paper, separating it as much as you can. Drizzle with melted chocolate. Quickly sprinkle with chocolate chunks and glacé cherries. Salt to taste. Let caramelized popcorn and chocolate set.
- Break up into bite-size chunks and enjoy!
- 5-6 servings