1 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Grill Seasoning) or other seasoning blend
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried cayenne pepper
3/4 pound thin cut chicken breast
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
All-purpose flour or cornmeal, a couple of tablespoons to work dough
1 pizza dough
1/2 pound brick pepper jack cheese, grated
2 small yellow tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, optional
2 tablespoons thyme leaves
1 clove garlic
1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- Preheat a large heavy skillet over very high heat. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine grill seasoning, paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper on a plate. Press thin cut chicken into seasoning on 1 side. Add oil to screaming hot pan and cook chicken 2 minutes on each side.
- Spread out a little flour or cornmeal and stretch out pizza dough onto a pizza pan.
- Remove chicken from pan and chop.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and thyme. Make garlic paste by chopping garlic then mashing it with the flat of your knife and a generous pinch of coarse salt. Add paste to salsa. Add zest and juice of 1/2 lime and mix salsa thoroughly.
- Scatter chicken, salsa and cheese over pizza dough working to the edges of both pies. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until crisp and bubbly-brown on top.
- Pizza, Main Dishes