- 2 chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce, plus 2 tablespoons sauce from the can
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic , mashed into a paste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 lamb chops
- Crema , optional, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the chiles, sauce, cumin, thyme, roasted garlic, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a large plastic baggie.
- Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Add to the baggie and zip to close. Toss the lamb chops with the marinade making sure that each chop is coated.
- Refrigerate the marinating meat for 8 hours.
- Heat a grill to high. Add the lamb chops and cook for 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare doneness. Remove and enjoy with the crema, if desired.
Serves 6 as an appetizer (2 each).
- Meats, Appetizers