For a complete chips-and-dip experience, serve guacamole with tortilla chips that have been tossed with lime juice and a sprinkling of salt, a signature at Chipotle Mexican Grill.
- 6 large ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup citrus (lemon and lime) juice*
- 3 cups fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red onion, finely chopped
- 12 large serrano chili peppers, seeded and finely chopped*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- *The original recipe calls for lime juice and jalapeño peppers.
- Using a fork, mash avocados with citrus juice in a small bowl.
- Add cilantro, chopped onion, serrano chili peppers, and salt. Stir to combine. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
- Dips, Appetizers
- 6-10 servings
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes