2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup C & H dark brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup cold salted butter, cut into cubes
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer blend the sugars at medium speed.
- Add the cold butter and mix to form a grainy paste, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix at low to medium speed just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Add the flour mix and chocolate chips and blend at a low speed just until mixed. Do not over mix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet, two inches apart.
- Bake 20-22 minutes until golden. Transfer cookies immediately to a cool surface with a spatula. You can line sheets with parchment and transfer to a cold surface to do it faster.
Makes 30-36 cookies, depending on the size of your scoops.
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American