Before a weekend of World Series watching and Halloween candy binging, take tonight to savor a simple and healthy seafood meal. This quick recipe combines fresh salmon fillets with a lemon-dill pan sauce. A bunch of sautéed broccoli on the side adds a pop of color and nutritious vitamin K. For a complete meal, serve on top of a bed of couscous. Get the uncomplicated recipe, after the jump.
- 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 4-oz. skinless salmon fillets
- 1 Tbsp. snipped fresh dill
- 1 bunch (1 lb.) broccoli, trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- Lemon slices and fresh dill (optional)
- Slice 1/2 of the lemon into thin slices; set aside.
- Juice remaining 1/2 lemon into a 1 cup measure; add water to equal 1/2 cup. Stir in sugar. Set aside.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bottom is golden; turn fillets. Add lemon juice mixture. Top with snipped dill and lemon slices. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Quarter broccoli lengthwise into long spears; add to skillet along with garlic. Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until crisp-tender, turning often.
- Serve salmon with broccoli; pour pan juices over salmon. Serve with additional lemon slices and fresh dill.
- Main Dishes, Fish
- North American