This is an excerpt from a post written by Maryanne Cabrera  who blogs at The Little Epicurean  and is part of POPSUGAR Select Food .
July has been quite a whirlwind so far. Hawaii, Cincinnati, and Santa Barbara, CA, all in the span of two weeks. As soon as I arrived home yesterday, I immediately went into the kitchen to whip up these popsicles. With traveling still on my mind, I made what I think vacations should taste like . . . tropical, sweet, and satisfying. The perfect treat to sum up my July so far — coconut mango popsicles!
I'm sure I'm going to be daydreaming all week about my travels. I wish I could live by the beach, dig my toes in the sand everyday, and spend carefree afternoons just waiting for the sunset. Oh well, vacations can only last so long. I guess when I'm feeling bogged down and stressed from all the emails and work that have piled up, I'll just have to step outside with a coconut-mango popsicle in hand and take a breather.
Yield: 10 popsicles
2 1/2 cups mango chunks, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1 cup canned coconut milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar, or desired sweetener
2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt
2 tablespoons water
- To make mango purée: In a blender or food processor, purée mango chunks and pineapple juice until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- To make coconut purée: In another bowl, combine coconut milk, sugar, yogurt, and water. Stir until homogeneous.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of mango purée into each popsicle mold. Place in freezer for 15 minutes until almost solid.
- Remove mold from freezer. Add 1 tablespoon coconut purée to each mold. Place in freezer for 10 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon mango purée. Insert wooden sticks into each popsicle mold. Freeze for another 10 minutes. Pour remaining coconut purée into molds until liquid reaches the top.
- Return mold to freezer. Freeze for at least 4 hours to fully set.
For the full post, head on over to The Little Epicurean .