Colin Cowie is one of the world's most extravagant party planners. He's known for his outrageous chicness and attention to detail. While he's planned stylish soirees for Oprah and other famous celebrities, he's also helped many brides create the perfect wedding. His latest book, Colin Cowie Wedding Chic ($26.40), is an extensive guide that provides ideas for celebrating every moment of the big day. It's a great resource if you're getting married. To find out more about it,
- Cowie leaves no detail undiscussed. The book is broken up into ten informative sections including bouquets and other ceremony flowers, centerpieces, reception decor, ritual and ceremony, etc.
- The tone is conversational, yet informative. It's a very easy read.
- It's filled with inspirational ideas (many with corresponding color photographs) taken from real weddings that Cowie planned.
- The book's focus is on the wedding day. There is no mention of other wedding related events such as the engagement party, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, etc.
- Many of the weddings illustrated are lush and over the top making it obvious that they were planned with an unlimited budget.
It's a hard covered heavy book: you won't be able to toss it in a purse and bring it to a meeting with caterers.
Imagery: The spectacular photographs make this book. Each page has at least one picture, and the entire tome is filled with hundreds of beautiful color photos.
Overall: If the sky is the limit for your big day or if you're in need of wedding inspiration, get yourself a copy of this book. However, if you're looking for a knowledgeable manual that discusses every aspect of planning a wedding — choosing an event planner, bridal party etiquette, planning the rehearsal dinner, etc. — you might want to consider another book.