If you're hosting a party — like Ronda's belly dancing-themed bachelorette — that begins in the early evening and carries on until the wee hours of morning at a second location, skip the shots and hard alcohol. You don't want guests getting too wasted too quickly, and you'll save money by not having to purchase a bunch of liquor.
At a bachelorette, serve a girly, bubbly cocktail like this lavender and peach bellini. Its vibrant color matches the sunny Mediterranean appetizer menu, and the easy recipe makes a large batch. White wine and sparkling water are other good beverage options to have on hand. For the recipe to this fruity and floral concoction,
- 1 part peach puree
- 2 parts Prosecco or another sparkling wine
- 1 pinch of edible, nontoxic, dried or fresh lavender
- Place the puree in the bottom of a champagne glass.
- Carefully pour in the sparkling wine.
- Don't stir, but use a spoon to pull the puree up along the sides of the glass, so that you won't lose the bubbles.
- Decorate with the lavender.
Serving size varies.
- Drinks, Cocktails