The New York Spring 2009 runway shows officially kicked off this weekend, so I'm throwing a Fashion Week-themed party. I'm inviting my friends to dress up as their favorite fashion icons and enjoy swanky cocktails and some classic Big Apple bites. I'm getting the party started by sending out these simple yet festive invitations. To learn how I put them together, read more.
To make this invite, you will need the following supplies:
- two different colors of cardstock (I chose lavender and black)
- thin ribbon in a contrasting color
- glue stick
- liquid glue
- scotch tape
- computer and printer
- ruler or straight edge
To assemble the invite:
- Start by creating a new document in Microsoft Word. Write out the details of the party. I used the font Market Felt in size 16 and double-spaced to write this message:
Please join me in style
for a NYC Fashion Week party
To be held on Saturday, September 9, 2008
6:30 p.m., PartySugar's house, San Francisco
Please RSVP by September 7 to 415.555.5555
- Print out on plain letter-sized colored paper (I used lavender).
- Using a ruler or a straight edge, measure and trace around the text in a hexagonal shape, ensuring the text is centered. Cut along tracing lines.
- Use glue stick to mount text piece onto contrasting-colored cardstock (I chose black).
- Cut the black cardstock down to size around the text cardstock.
- Cut a piece of ribbon long enough for the purse strap.
- Tape one end of ribbon to one top corner of the card, and the other end to the other top corner of the card.
- Make a bow with another piece of thin ribbon.
- Trim the bow to desired size and glue center of bow onto card above text.
- Wait for glue to dry, slide into an envelope, and send.