Since my little sister is graduating on Father's Day, my dad and I agreed to postpone the real father's day festivities until the following weekend - just in time for a big, local Nascar race. To celebrate dad, I'm inviting all of his buddies (and mine) for a chic picnic at the car races. Since they take place in Sonoma, it will be more of a wine and sandwich party rather than a beer and hot dog sort of thing. To start things off I'm making the invitation, a red, white, and black affair so come party with me, just
To make an invitation similar to this one you will need:
- a race car image
- nice black pen
- cardstock in the color of your choice
- computer & printer
To assemble a similar invitation:
- Stat by pasting your race car image into a new document in Microsoft Word. Insert a text box to the right of the image. Fill text box with the details of the party. On mine I wrote:
In celebration of my Father…
You’re invited to a day at the races
Sunday June 24, 2007
Gate 6, Picnic Tables
Please rsvp 415.555.5555
I also included the directions.
- Next I inserted small square boxes along the top and bottom to create a checkerboard border inspired by the flags at the races.
- Print the invitation out and double check for spelling/grammatical errors. Once satisfied with the invitation, cut down to size leaving a teeny border around the edge of the pages.
- Glue to the red cardstock.
- Cut the cardstock down to size.
- Instead of sending in an envelope, simply address and stamp the backside of the invitation. If the size of your invite is larger than a normal card, be sure to add an extra stamp to ensure its arrival.
How will you and your dad celebrate father's day?? Share your plans below!