At Thanksgiving, impress your foodie friends with a sophisticated cocktail. A blend of sweet and dry vermouths and bourbon, the perfect turkey is a seasonal variation of the classic Manhattan. The potent flavor of the whiskey will pair nicely with the rich appetizers. Prepare a pitcher, shake and serve as guests arrive.
- 1/4 cup Wild Turkey bourbon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet vermouth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry vermouth
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice and nutmeg
- Shake bourbon, sweet vermouth, and dry vermouth with ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Serve in a Martini glass with a spice-sugared rim (mix 1/4 cup sugar with 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice and nutmeg). Garnish with orange peel.
Makes 1 drink.
- Drinks, Cocktails