The Golden Globes air next Monday, January 15 (check out BuzzSugar's post on this year's Golden Globe nominees ). You know how much I love to throw a party, so I've decided it's another opportunity to gather up the girls to gossip about the best dresses while we savor some good food and tasty drinks. Since the party will be on a Monday night, it will be very informal and relaxed. First things first, I have to invite my girlfriends. To see how I plan on inviting them,
An actual Golden Globe award is the inspiration for my invitation and I will create one by cutting out the shapes of the earth and continents on gold paper. On the front will be the golden earth and on the back I'll write or print out the details of the party.
To make the invitation you will need:
- metallic gold paper in two tones (dark and light)
- a circular shape about 4 inches in diameter
- a computer, printer, or fun pen
To assemble the invitation:
- Using your circular shape, trace a circle onto one sheet of gold paper.
- With this world map  as your base, outline the basic shape of half of earth. One part of South/North America and one part Africa, Europe, and Asia on the second sheet of gold paper.
- Glue the continent shapes into their proper location on the golden globe.
- On the back write or print out, a sweet note with the information concerning the party:
YumSugar requests your attendance at a small, informal dinner to watch the Golden Globes Award Show on television, Monday January 15 at 4'o clock in the afternoon. Please RSVP by Saturday morning.
- Send the invitations in elegant black envelopes with the addresses written in gold letters.
Alternately, call each of your close girlfriends and personally invite them each to join you for a light dinner and the golden globes. If you've got some awesome ideas for a golden globe party invite, tell me about it below. Check back all week for more on this week's Come Party With Me , as there is still much to plan before the event. Next up: the menu!