Hunting for a new house, packing everything you own, and moving is seriously exhausting. However, once you are settled into your new space, consider hosting a housewarming party. Think of the housewarming like a reward for the move.
Invite friends and family members over for a tour and tapas. Introduce them to your place while tantalizing their tastebuds with delicious bites. Start by selecting a date and sending invitations. To learn how I made these simple, stylish invites,
To make a similar invite you will need the following supplies:
- colored paper
- colored cardstock
- satin ribbon
- single hole punch
- a key
- computer and printer
To assemble the invite:
- Create a new document in Microsoft Word. Insert a text box on the left hand side of the page. Fill the box with the details of your party. I used the font Bell MT in size 12 to write this message:
Although our address is new,
the door is always open for friends like you!
Please join us in celebrating our new home.
Stop by for a tour and tapas on
Saturday July 19, 2008
6:00 pm – 10 pm
Sean & Elena
45 Main Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
Please add our new address to your records.
On the other side of the page insert another small square shaped text box. Write home sweet home inside the box (I used Lucida Handwriting). Directly above the square, insert a triangle to form the outline of a house.
- Print out on plain white paper. Check for grammar and spelling mistakes. Once satisfied with the text, print out on the colored paper.
- Cut the invite down to size and mount on the cardstock. Set aside.
- Cut out the little house.
- With the pencil, trace the outline of the key onto a piece of paper. Cut out the shape, so you have a paper key.
- Punch a hole in the top of the key and the triangle of the house.
- Slide the ribbon through and tie a small knot.
- Glue to the top of the invite, slide into an envelope, and send.