Although every dish on the menu for my movie club meeting features corn, I couldn't find a corn cocktail recipe. Thus, I looked for a refreshing concoction that would pair with the corn cakes and corn and zucchini pizzettas. This tequila sunrise punch is quick and simple to make for a crowd. To meld the flavors and infuse the tequila with citrus, let the mixture sit in the fridge for longer than ten minutes.
After the movie and during dinner, serve a buttery Chardonnay or light Tempranillo. Don't forget sparkling and still water, beer, and a selection of sodas. For the punch recipe,
- 1/2 cup silver or gold tequila
- 33 ounces citrus-flavored club soda
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1 small unpeeled orange, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 small unpeeled grapefruit, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Ice cubes
- Pour the tequila and club soda into a pitcher. Add the limes, oranges, and grapefruit and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add enough ice to the pitcher so that the punch rises to the top. Serve in chilled glasses with some fruit in each glass.
- Drinks, Punch