To help you prepare the most perfect Thanksgiving dinner ever, I will be planning not one, but three fabulous Thanksgiving parties throughout the month of November!
To start things off, I'm creating a plan for those of you who are hosting your first Thanksgiving dinner. I planned and cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner the fall after I graduated from college. While it had plenty of crises, it was a fabulous success! By following my detailed plan of ideas yours too can be a memorable event. Let's start by making a simple, but gorgegous invitation. To see how I made the glittery one at right, read more
To make an invitation similar to the one seen here you will need the following supplies:
- computer and printer>
To assemble the invitation:
- Create a new document in Microsoft Word on your computer. Center the text to the left hand column and write out the details of the dinner. On my invite, in Mona Lisa Solid ITC TT, I wrote:
Your presence is requested at a dinner celebration.
Please join me in giving thanks.
Thursday, November 22, 2007
5 in the afternoon
by Nov. 19
Print out a test copy on a blank sheet of paper. Once satisfied with the text, print out on the cardstock.
- Fold the cardstock in half, closing the text inside like a book.
- Press glue onto back of ribbon and paste on the invite in a decorative way.
- Cover with a piece of foil.
- With the glue, cover the front of the invite entirely. Sprinkle with the glitter. Set aside and let dry overnight.
- Take the foil off of the invite and carefully slide into an envelope and send, addressed in your best handwriting.